The Best and Brightest of Trenton, New Jersey - All in ONE place to Shine!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

America’s Worst Cook is Trenton’s Best Man




By Jelissa Frank

Tyrone “Chrome” Miller is a man with the plan. Mr. Miller appeared at the Boys and Girls Club of Trenton, in Mercer County on Thursday, January 13, 2011, through the “Jewels for Gems Program” to sit down and share his life stories and struggles with a group of young teen members. He was very energetic and very into hearing what the young teens had to say, as well as their future plans. After hearing everyone's plans he would give them advice on how to make their dreams a reality while still being very down to earth, and boosting their esteem.

So far, Mr. Miller has accomplished many things in life. He has appeared twice on BET’s 106 & Park for Friday Rap Battles. He was a songwriting contributor to rock band, Sugar Ray, which eventually awarded him with a Platinum plaque. He went on to some producing, playing small but meaningful roles in film, and now hosting events in the Mercer County area. And Mr. Miller currently guest stars on “Worst Cooks in America” on the Food Network. We at Synergy of Trenton sat down with Mr. Miller, after his presentation to talk about the love for his hometown and his hopes for the future.

Synergy of Trenton: What was one of your greatest obstacles you had to overcome to be the man you are today?

Tyrone “Chrome” Miller: I never really had to overcome any hard life obstacles. So I would say my toughest obstacle was my first rap battle on 106 & Park. When I lost, I came home and faced the criticism and ridicule. What really was the obstacle was coming back on for a second chance to battle and having to humble myself, and prepare myself to fail again. But I didn't. I won. And that jump started my career.

Synergy of Trenton: Growing up, were you placed on the educational scale as far as grades and academics?

Tyrone “Chrome” Miller: I am not afraid to admit that I was a "C" average student. I did the bare minimum to get by; I would do absolutely no homework and I am not ashamed to admit that I wasn't the best student. I also know that if I would have applied myself, my career might be a lot farther along than it already is. You may have all the talent, think you have it all planned out, and don't need school. But the reality of it is, school is key! You can't make it without an education.

Synergy of Trenton: Who do you feel played a major role in your life and your success?

Tyrone “Chrome” Miller: My son played the ultimate roll in my life, which led to my success. When my son was born, I had no choice but to make it. I had to provide for him so I had to "hustle" and make many different decisions. My motivation to provide for my son gave me a passion and a drive. So I have my son to thank for my success.

Synergy of Trenton: What is your next big move in your life?

Tyrone “Chrome” Miller: My next big move would have to be a TV show of my own. I can't really tell you what it’s about. It’s a surprise. But it’s going to be amazing. So just send your prayers that everything goes according to plan. I want to truly touch many people, and inspire others with this upcoming opportunity.

Mr. Miller is very ambitious. He really chases after his dreams. And the best part, he promised to return to the Boys and Girls Club, and talk with the young teens again. Mr. Miller was a breath of fresh air. The young teens in attendance really enjoyed him. He is truly a role model, not only for African-Americans, but for young men also. He is another example that dreams can become a reality, as long as you take it one step at a time. And if you fall, always remember to get back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment